Saturday, October 5, 2013

Waking up "Awesome"

 I spend lots of time teaching my children, but sometimes they teach me so much too. I was just talking to another homeschooling Mom yesterday and she was telling me about an article she read. It was about a little girl and how she would wake up "awesome". She was so free spirited and just loved life. I really got to thinking about my sweet Abby. She is so much like this. She wakes up EVERY day so full of joy and adventure and has such a fun personality!
Yesterday, she wanted to wear her "cowgirl" boots with shorts, and even though it wouldn't have been my first choice, I let her go with it. She was so happy and proud of her boots.
 Today, we are going to an adoption party and she woke up saying, "Mom I think I should wear my tutu today!" I thought about telling her no, and that it wouldn't look nice for a party like this one. Then, I got to thinking, what difference does it make? She is four, if she wants to wear a tutu to a party, then why not!? So, she is wearing the tutu and is so excited!

I learned so much today from this sweet girl. We have today, we are not promised tomorrow. If we wake up feeling "awesome" and decide to dye and wear our hair pink (in support of breast cancer awareness) or think what if I wore those boots with this dress or skirt then just do it!  Life is too short to not live it out to the fullest and to be free spirited at times! Who cares what others may think. I think if I had a tutu, I would wear one with her today!

Make it a fun filled, free spirited day!

No comments:

Post a Comment