Thursday, October 3, 2013

Go Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness

Last year my oldest daughter and I decided to get a pink streak in our hair for October (breast cancer awareness month). It cost us over $30 for these two "streaks" and I had to call all over town to find someone to do it that cheap.
SO, this year I did some research and decided to try and do it myself. It worked, I now have pink hair!!! Decided to do more than a streak this year, so my whole bottom layer is now PINK and I LOVE it!

 
 
This was super easy and very inexpensive to do at home. I have no idea how long it will last, but as easy as it was, I could do it weekly if need be. Simply add red food coloring (I counted 5 drops) to white conditioner or hair gel, mix and apply to hair. We used an old tooth brush to paint it on. Wrap in tin foil and let sit for 30 minutes or as long as needed depending on your natural hair color. It didn't take long for mine since my hair is blond. Air or blow dry and don't wash your hair for at least 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment