Thursday, October 24, 2013

Life is Good!

It has been awhile since my last post, life is GOOD! We are busy, busy with our school year and all kinds of fall festivities. I have been in the "baking mood" lately so we have been eating good too! I have been baking LOTS of pies. So far I have made apple, chocolate, and a Kentucky Derby pie (which is a recipe from Grandma Britt). My pie crust is "to die for" and comes from Grandma Shappell. My husband keeps joking that I should open a pie shop. Ooh, that would be fun!



 We are all ready for cooler temps here in Virginia and work has begun on our smoke house! Stay tuned for more on this in the next few weeks.

This weekend wraps up my race season and I will be headed to Kingsport, Tn. to run my fourth half marathon of the year! The plan is to continue running, but not as much as I have been (yeah right)!

Stay tuned for my next post on cake rolls coming in the next couple of weeks! Happy fall y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment