Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Beck's Famous Pumpkin Rolls

Well, it is that time of year again. I LOVE the fall season! Pumpkins, falling leaves, cooler temps, and did I mention all that pumpkin goodness!? I really enjoy baking pumpkin dishes and one of my favorites to make is the pumpkin cake roll. My recipe isn't really anything special, I simply follow the recipe on the Libby's can of pumpkin.

I have lots of people ask me how I get them so perfect, but I think it comes with LOTS and LOTS of practice. I do not use a jelly roll pan, just a cookie sheet lined with foil. The key to rolling and filling a pumpkin roll is the amount of time you take to cool it (in my opinion). If you let it cool for too long it will crack when unrolling, filling, and rolling again. If you don't let it cool for long enough, your filling will melt and run everywhere.

SO, here are the steps I use to create the "perfect" pumpkin roll.

Step 1: Mix ingredients following recipe.
 

Step 2: Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray (generously).
 
 
 Step3: Prepare your towel for cooling. Lay a clean dish towel flat and sprinkle with powdered sugar.


Step 4: Spread your batter evenly on foil lined pan.
 
 
 Step 5: Bake as directed 13-15 minutes. 13 minutes is perfect for my stove.
You want the cake to be a golden brown but not too golden! :)
 
 
 Step 6: Carefully turn cake out onto prepared towel.
 
 
 Step 7: Gently roll cake into the towel to cool.
I usually allow one hour to cool.
 
 
Step 8: Unroll cake and smooth on filling.

 
Carefully re-roll and you have a delicious and beautiful pumpkin roll!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment