Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A New Day

We all have days when we just don't feel our best. Life and stress can set in and really work on our self esteem, mood, and spirit. I had one of those days yesterday. I had to just step back for some "quiet time" and recognize all of the things that I have blessed with and am thankful for. We live in a time that is depressing. Every where you look, seems like bad news and sad stories. I love this verse in John 16:33 that says, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." This gives me great comfort on the days that life looks so "gloomy".

I am so blessed and am so thankful that I can live out here in the country, I have a beautiful garden that is starting to yield many fresh veggies for me and my family, I have 5 beautiful children in my home that are healthy and daily brighten my day, I have a wonderful, supportive husband who takes great care of us, and I have my faith in God. He is the one who sustains us and blesses us with all of these good things!

So, today is a new day! There is much to be happy about and I am choosing today to be a smiling, happy, encourager instead of an unhappy, depressed Mom today! I hope this post will bless and encourage you today.


1 comment:

  1. This looks lovely, Becky! May you be blessed in your new venture!

    ReplyDelete